Agriconsulting S.p.A, Rome-based consulting company is looking for Horticulturist – Estimated input: 34 man-months for the EU project in Afghanistan called: “Provision of Technical Assistance to the Afghan Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock to contribute to strengthen the planting material and horticulture industry”
Qualifications and skills
(1) He/she should have a university degree in Agriculture, with a specialisation in Horticultural Sciences, or equivalent;
General professional experience
(2) He/she should preferably have 10 years of experience in the management /implementation of projects or programmes aiming at the development of perennial horticulture and fruit and nut production in developing countries, but a minimum of 8years is required;
Specific professional experience
(3) Proven experience in implementing participatory demonstration projects, the development of fruit tree orchards, and / or in the management of fruit and nut tree commercial and mother stock nurseries (within the frame of one project at least);
(4) Excellent working knowledge of developing data base of genetic resources or in the management of information systems – has been concretely working in these fields within the frame of at least one project;
(5) Experienced in technical training and technology transfer, agricultural extension and preparation of training materials (has been involved in at least one development project having involved a substantial technology transfer component);
(6) Familiarity with genetic resources, their conservation and survey (identifying and mapping its peculiarities) and with the development of germplasm collections and the assessment of their potential following international standards would be a serious advantage;
(7) Good knowledge of EC implementation rules/constraints and particularly tendering and contracting procedures (has worked on at least one long-term EC funded project);
(8) Previous experience of working in Afghanistan or similar post-conflict environment;
(9) Fluency in English is compulsory; knowledge in Dari would be a serious advantage.
Interested candidates please send your updated CV in EU format to: Dorota Oszlanyiova: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 26 July 2010.